If you've been following my daily food intake on
Last Sunday, we made enough soup for the week. It's ridiculously easy, and tastes better as the week goes on.
6 fresh beets
1 beef bone (we used a split knuckle bone, because it's what was available)
1. Cut the greens and ends off the beats. Wash them thoroughly.
2. Place the beets and beef bone in a large pot of water. Bring to a boil, and keep boiling for 2 hours.
3. Remove the beets from the water; put them in a bowl and get them cool enough to handle.
4. Peel the beets, then shred them.
5. Put the shredded beets back in the pot. Simmer until you're hungry.
You may want to add some salt and pepper to your bowl, but you might not. Up to you. I like it with pepper, not salt. Yummers.