• Sleeping in, which I actually sort of did.
• On the bus this morning, a teenage girl moved from her seat when an older woman who clearly needed one of the seats up front got on – with no prodding or hesitation.
• Acoustic Colin Hay on the stereo at the cafe.
• Moving to within one step of dumping my old clunker: all that's left is to actually get it to the dealership and drive off in my new car tomorrow morning.
• Hand-made greeting cards purchased at Eureka, one for great customer service and the other for a friend who skipped town prematurely.
• Lunch with Jill.
• Also, the day's only half over.
Update: • Going to see Bartolo Colon pitch tonight.
If you want to drive down Enterprise Parkway in De Witt, NY, you have a choice: You turn off of Bridge Street in East Syracuse, or you turn onto a short connector road from Widewaters Parkway in De Witt.
These will get you to two different ends of Enterprise Parkway.
You cannot get from one end to the other while staying on Enterprise Parkway, if you are driving.
This tree is in the middle.
I like this tree, plain as it appears.
Lest you desire to simply drive around the tree, note that the concrete does not run around the tree, so you will first have to drive over three very large rocks that serve as a barrier, and then you'll have to cross the grass, while avoiding the picnic tables on one side and the wetlands on the other.
In the otherwise pedestrian-unfriendly office park in which I work, this tree is like the last union member, who will not leave the rally until someone not only brings out the ax, but uses it.
Plain as it appears, I like this tree.